Menu toggle

Are Spyders Becoming Extinct At OPCs!

ORIGINAL: philnotts99
Sounds like you are definitely a potential candidate for the 981 Spyder come 2015 November launch[;)] I was mightily impressed by the 981 GTS Sport Chassis I had the pleasure of at PEC this summer and according to the instructor their is an improvement on real roads over the Spyder/R set up which I assume is down to the brand new chassis
!?! :rolleyes:
2015 or GTS !?![:D]

New Page New Pic For John & Brian[;)]
14133875008_ef4d048617_b.jpg
14317207271_94b26ccde4_b.jpg
14010044226_d810ec0f3d_b.jpg

ORIGINAL: flat6 Lol[:D] You've missed my point entirely, so i'll be blunt. I'm not making any point about driving ability. IMHO, anyone who thinks the Spyder is light enough or sufficiently lacking in power for a 2Kg radio to make any discernible difference to it's performance is kiddiing themselves. IMHO, anyone who thinks the Spyder is light enough and fast enough for a 2Kg radio to make any discernible difference to it's performance is kiddiing themselves. Have a read how many hundredths of a second per lap a kilo of fuel affects an F1 car's lap time. The Spyder doesn't go that fast to show up those sorts of performance difference per kilo. Get to multiple tens of kilos and then there's something to talk about. PCCB is a good way to save weight because of where it is saved and so improves handling. I don't expect a car with the passenger seat removed and steel rotors won't handle as well as a PCCB car even if they weigh the same. As a side thought, Porsche said the Spyder is 7 seconds quicker around the Nurburgring than a Boxster S. Yes, it's a very long lap but, I wonder how much time a Boxster S would shave off that deficit if it had the Spyder's lowered suspension. I.e. how much of that time is down to the suspension and not the weight. Put some PCCB's on the Boxster S to save unsprung mass and test again (and compare to the Spyder lap time on steels). Remove the Boxster S's roof and roof motors and test again. Remove the radio and test again[8|][:D]
I Don't see anywhere any one saying they can feel 2KG so why has this stupid argument come up ?! a full fat Spyder with PDK, AC, sports seats,PCM, normal wheels over Darrel's Spyder is about 70kg though and you can tell that quite easy. the PCCB don't help that much as they are much larger so the weights not that much saving over steels. I said I lol at Billy post which I did, I don't want to go into too much detail why as I find it not in good taste when a forum member has a car for sale, and that then has gone past banter. what I will say is he used the word "lightweight" infont of his seats and wheels in his advert which is ironic for a standard part which the car came with esp as this person does not like the word used !! But knowhere is any one stating they can feel 2kg !!!!!

So much bollocks talked in here. Surprised some have not started removing the passenger seat, unscrewing plastic trim and starving themselves before a drive. Driving only in the day can the headlights be removed? Throw the roof away, do you really need 5 bolts on each wheel (unsprung weight reduction too - ohhhhh), take out the airbags, pull up the carpets and floor mats, bin the engine cover and all the other stuff in there. [8|] As Flat 6 says, I suspect the suspension is the main difference in terms of feel. My AC is on a lot more than 3 times a year - been using it constantly through the summer, and will be using it in the winter to clear the windscreen. Hillman Imp was my first car!! :)

I love how ridiculous, this all gets on here..... Drive an Elise or Caterham, them get in a Spyder....you will soon tell which is a lighter car and responds as such. Spyder is a great fun car, but when most will come in at 1300kg and some above that, it is hardly light. Maybe that is the point, a Spyder has reasonable power for it's weight, styling and is well set up in the handling to effectively be better than the sum of it's parts? I had this when I went from a 911 3.2 Carrera Sport to a 3.2 Club Sport, there were marginal improvements that actually enhanced the ownership experience more than expected.

ORIGINAL: clubsport I love how ridiculous, this all gets on here..... Drive an Elise or Caterham, them get in a Spyder....you will soon tell which is a lighter car and responds as such. Spyder is a great fun car, but when most will come in at 1300kg and some above that, it is hardly light. Maybe that is the point, a Spyder has reasonable power for it's weight, styling and is well set up in the handling to effectively be better than the sum of it's parts? I had this when I went from a 911 3.2 Carrera Sport to a 3.2 Club Sport, there were marginal improvements that actually enhanced the ownership experience more than expected.
A lot of spyder owners are ex elise/ caterham owners though, hence why we want to not loose the feel of what a light cars brings to the party. V6 exige 1180kgs so Lotus have not got things light these days, the Evora is 100kg more than a Cayman R which is SHocking for a lotus. my target weight for my car next spring 1200kg's :) enough said A modern car like the F type roadster S is 1660kgs but I do like your point "most will come in at 1300kg " more like a lot will come in at 1350kgs 150kg over my Spring 2015 target weight car and a + 300bhp/ton target I like tweeking and I loved Lotus, Lotus don't make cars I love any more, the Spyders a great 3rd car for fun and the odd track day with less hassle. And it's quite easy to take it from a 250bhp/ton car to a GT3 matching 300bhp/ton car. you would be surprised even 40%work done on the Spyder how much better it is than a stock one.

ORIGINAL: tyinsky So much bollocks talked in here. Surprised some have not started removing the passenger seat, unscrewing plastic trim and starving themselves before a drive. Driving only in the day can the headlights be removed? Throw the roof away, do you really need 5 bolts on each wheel (unsprung weight reduction too - ohhhhh), take out the airbags, pull up the carpets and floor mats, bin the engine cover and all the other stuff in there. [8|] As Flat 6 says, I suspect the suspension is the main difference in terms of feel. My AC is on a lot more than 3 times a year - been using it constantly through the summer, and will be using it in the winter to clear the windscreen. Hillman Imp was my first car!! :)
[:D] Indeed These debates, talking at cross purposes etc, if nothing else shows that the car certainly divides opinion. If it does become a classic, at this rate it'll probably be on looks alone with it's other facets continuing to cause dispute [:D] I am now bored and no doubt helped to bore everyone too. Time to go for a very fast drive[:)] How's the car? Your warranty must be up in a few months. Have you decided whether to renew?

ORIGINAL: MrDemon I Don't see anywhere any one saying they can feel 2KG so why has this stupid argument come up ?! a full fat Spyder with PDK, AC, sports seats,PCM, normal wheels over Darrel's Spyder is about 70kg though and you can tell that quite easy. the PCCB don't help that much as they are much larger so the weights not that much saving over steels. I said I lol at Billy post which I did, I don't want to go into too much detail why as I find it not in good taste when a forum member has a car for sale, and that then has gone past banter. what I will say is he used the word "lightweight" infont of his seats and wheels in his advert which is ironic for a standard part which the car came with esp as this person does not like the word used !! But knowhere is any one stating they can feel 2kg !!!!!
I agree, I think it's poor form (but then I also think it's poor form to copy and paste parts of other peoples' adverts). Hey ho. You make a fair point - but the full fat Spyder is still circa 80kg lighter than the equivalent spec'd Boxster S. So the "lightweight" arguments are still relevant. It's all relative, if you really want lightweight then you go for an Elise. If you want semi-lightweight, but you want some toys, the Spyder remains the better car than the standard S and no doubt, in part, that is due to the weight loss and that's worth highlighting. And in my view those elements of the car also happen to be attractive irrespective of the weight issue (i.e. the buckets and spyder wheels). I actually can't think of any reason why you wouldn't have PCM, even if you "prefer" a stripped-out car. The benefits are obvious and the weight negligible. For PDK cars it makes even more sense as it adds further functionality to the Sports Chrono set up. Not wanting PDK I can completely understand - but wanting nothing that adds usability or comfort for the sake of a few KG is pretty comical. As others have said, where do you stop? Probably when the car looks like an Atom! Nowhere do I say that I don't like the word "lightweight" - where it becomes daft is when people suggest that, in day to day driving, they are able to notice the difference between Spyder specs and it is so important that they'll forego having a radio in a £55k+ car! The Spyder is the perfect car for having some toys to complement the performance. It's never going to be a true "lightweight" and the whole joy of the Boxster is its usability - in part that's down to the refinement over a Caterham and once you've crossed that bridge why not have, say, heated seats or PCM or air con rather than "saving" the car for short local runs because it's too basic to be used further afield? If I'd wanted proper lightweight I'd have stuck with my Caterham, but I wanted a great sports car that can be used regularly, for long trips, and which is more refined so my other half will want to join me, and the Spyder is perfect for that particularly with some toys added. If you want a truly lightweight track car you wouldn't start with a Spyder.

I agree with just about all of that :) a full fat Spyder is about 36kg lighter than a normal Boxster if you add back every thing the only weight saved is the roof at 21kg and the doors 15kg. We have all agreed there are many buyers of any Spyder spec and the main items imo are the wheels and the Buckets which yours also has. I just liked the word "lightweight" on your advert :) The radio put me off buying mine, and will put many off also buying mine, but as we all know you cannot spec what you like, I would add weight and want some xenons esp on my R as I drive that at night, the SPyder less so. PDK needs all the modes so you get Sports plus that's for sure which then is 5k worth of kit. I am not a NAV person, I don't use it on my R as it just puts you on routes with every one else even if you force the route with way points. smart phones have made nav a non issue esp with a 3rd fun car with no radio at all as my phone fits in the hole :) Radio delete is going to make sod all to performance bar making it harder to sell without one, which will be my issue. >85% of buyers are going to want a radio imo. but not having one does make a talking point at events when people look round the car. As I said on another post, good luck with your sale :).

ORIGINAL: MrDemon I agree with just about all of that :) a full fat Spyder is about 36kg lighter than a normal Boxster if you add back every thing the only weight saved is the roof at 21kg and the doors 15kg.
But comparing "like for like" the Spyder remains 80kgs lighter than the equivalent S. So if you want PDK and Sat Nav, you're still saving 80kgs in the Spyder.
ORIGINAL: MrDemon I am not a NAV person, I don't use it on my R as it just puts you on routes with every one else even if you force the route with way points. smart phones have made nav a non issue esp with a 3rd fun car with no radio at all as my phone fits in the hole :)
Fair enough - I don't have a smart phone and on the European trips I turn off motorways, add the "scenic" option and stick loads of way-points in for the route or loop I want. Stress-free driving to concentrate on the road and you get a useful ETA.
ORIGINAL: MrDemon As I said on another post, good luck with your sale :).
Thanks, so far quite a bit of interest so we'll see what happens. Not particularly unhappy if I keep it!

ORIGINAL: MrDemon I agree with just about all of that :) a full fat Spyder is about 36kg lighter than a normal Boxster if you add back every thing the only weight saved is the roof at 21kg and the doors 15kg.
And don't forget the new rear alloy deck, no front fog lights, lighter alloys and red door pulls [:D][:D]

ORIGINAL: flat6
ORIGINAL: tyinsky So much bollocks talked in here. Surprised some have not started removing the passenger seat, unscrewing plastic trim and starving themselves before a drive. Driving only in the day can the headlights be removed? Throw the roof away, do you really need 5 bolts on each wheel (unsprung weight reduction too - ohhhhh), take out the airbags, pull up the carpets and floor mats, bin the engine cover and all the other stuff in there. [8|] As Flat 6 says, I suspect the suspension is the main difference in terms of feel. My AC is on a lot more than 3 times a year - been using it constantly through the summer, and will be using it in the winter to clear the windscreen. Hillman Imp was my first car!! :)
[:D] Indeed These debates, talking at cross purposes etc, if nothing else shows that the car certainly divides opinion. If it does become a classic, at this rate it'll probably be on looks alone with it's other facets continuing to cause dispute [:D] I am now bored and no doubt helped to bore everyone too. Time to go for a very fast drive[:)] How's the car? Your warranty must be up in a few months. Have you decided whether to renew?
Car is lovely thank you. Still enjoying it. Considering buying a 993 as an addition. Warranty is up in December, Service is due in 500 miles according to the readout on the dash, and I know it will need new tyres soon too so will be an expensive month :) Not decided on the warranty. Will probably renew it although I can see the argument for not bothering as it is hard to find a gen 2 car with a major issue. Need to dig through the good advice given by people on here to keep the costs in check. If I order the tyres and have them sitting here ready at least they can put them on should them come up on the list. Expecting them to say pads or discs as it seems that is a favourite but no idea if the car needs them. Thinking of dropping it off at East London Porsche Centre - anyone have dealings with them? Turbo fitting the expectation still?

[/quote] I agree, I think it's poor form (but then I also think it's poor form to copy and paste parts of other peoples' adverts). Hey ho. [/quote] [:D] If I advertise it properly, I'll promise to either acknowledge the copy or jumble the words up. Apologies if I've upset you.

Hi all, I haven't posted on here before as I currently own a 2004 911 (C2S). However, I saw a Spyder recently and just love the look - even Mrs H said she loved it - so am thinking about getting one. Definitely not an investment decision, but of course always great if you can own a car and its value doesn't decrease, or only very little. It will not be used during the week, so weekends and holidays etc. I have a couple of questions, could you experienced owners answer please... 1) At 80mph how noisy is the "roof", compared to the usual tyre noise you do get in a sports car ? Does it flap around at all ? 2) I think aside from fore and aft adjustment the carbon buckets are non adjustable , for lean angle etc. If correct, are they comfortable for a 3 hour run down to the coast for example ? 3) Once you are conversant with the process, how long does it take to get the roof on, say if it starts to rain and you need to pull over and get it on asap ? 4) Does anyone keep theirs outdoors, as I don't have a garage, but do use a car cover - is that OK ? does any damp get in ? 5) A divisive question I know, and subject to spec/mileage etc etc but hey ho....I see that secondhand prices were gradually coming down but then turned and started heading north again - can anyone advise approximately where were they selling at their lowest point - private and retail - and where the same car is today, just so I can understand how much they have gone up in the last year or so.. 6) Being a rag top, I assume prices will ease off in winter as they always do with Boxsters - any comments ? Many thanks -Matt

Hello Matt, I've tried to answer your queries, appending your original list below:
ORIGINAL: C2MTH Hi all, I haven't posted on here before as I currently own a 2004 911 (C2S). However, I saw a Spyder recently and just love the look - even Mrs H said she loved it - so am thinking about getting one. Definitely not an investment decision, but of course always great if you can own a car and its value doesn't decrease, or only very little. It will not be used during the week, so weekends and holidays etc. I have a couple of questions, could you experienced owners answer please... 1) At 80mph how noisy is the "roof", compared to the usual tyre noise you do get in a sports car ? Does it flap around at all ? - At up to 70mph, I'd say the roof is reasonably quiet (although nothing like a 3 skin sound deadened "proper" roof). Above that, then the wind noise does increase - it's a bit like having your window slightly open. What I would say is that it does a perfect job of keeping you dry if you have to drive it in the rain - when it's dry then it's not on! 2) I think aside from fore and aft adjustment the carbon buckets are non adjustable , for lean angle etc. If correct, are they comfortable for a 3 hour run down to the coast for example ? Correct re adjustments. I find them comfortable for long trips (having added a bit of lumbar support). Others have said they "don't fit them". I guess you have to try the seats for yourself. If you must have heated seats, then you can't have the buckets. 3) Once you are conversant with the process, how long does it take to get the roof on, say if it starts to rain and you need to pull over and get it on asap ? With 2 people - 20 seconds to put the "cap" bit on and 1 minute to put both bits on. Solo - probably half as long again. 4) Does anyone keep theirs outdoors, as I don't have a garage, but do use a car cover - is that OK ? does any damp get in ? Mine is garaged, but has been watertight outside hotels on wet overnight stops. 5) A divisive question I know, and subject to spec/mileage etc etc but hey ho....I see that secondhand prices were gradually coming down but then turned and started heading north again - can anyone advise approximately where were they selling at their lowest point - private and retail - and where the same car is today, just so I can understand how much they have gone up in the last year or so. I'll leave that to others (Daro?) who have tracked the market very closely. 6) Being a rag top, I assume prices will ease off in winter as they always do with Boxsters - any comments ? That doesn't seem to follow with Spyders - due to the limited choice, people seem to be prepared to pay regardless of season for a car with their ideal spec. Many thanks -Matt
Hope that helps, Steve

Delivered today! Haven't had the chance to unpack it yet [8|], so I'll report back later.
ORIGINAL: Steve Brown I've put an order onto their system now, so will let you know whether it's any good when they produce and ship them.
ORIGINAL: Steve Brown I guess I'll end up buying one of these models! Is anyone else?
ORIGINAL: philnotts99 Hello All.. Hope all is well. Flying visit.. But just to let anyone who is interested that the following model company will be bringing out a 1/18 scale model of the Boxster Spyder in White and the Speedster in Blue, towards the end of the year - http://www.gts-models.com/en/ Phil PS - Still loving the Spyder

ORIGINAL: C2MTH Hi all, I haven't posted on here before as I currently own a 2004 911 (C2S). However, I saw a Spyder recently and just love the look - even Mrs H said she loved it - so am thinking about getting one. Definitely not an investment decision, but of course always great if you can own a car and its value doesn't decrease, or only very little. It will not be used during the week, so weekends and holidays etc. I have a couple of questions, could you experienced owners answer please... 1) At 80mph how noisy is the "roof", compared to the usual tyre noise you do get in a sports car ? Does it flap around at all ? 2) I think aside from fore and aft adjustment the carbon buckets are non adjustable , for lean angle etc. If correct, are they comfortable for a 3 hour run down to the coast for example ? 3) Once you are conversant with the process, how long does it take to get the roof on, say if it starts to rain and you need to pull over and get it on asap ? 4) Does anyone keep theirs outdoors, as I don't have a garage, but do use a car cover - is that OK ? does any damp get in ? 5) A divisive question I know, and subject to spec/mileage etc etc but hey ho....I see that secondhand prices were gradually coming down but then turned and started heading north again - can anyone advise approximately where were they selling at their lowest point - private and retail - and where the same car is today, just so I can understand how much they have gone up in the last year or so.. 6) Being a rag top, I assume prices will ease off in winter as they always do with Boxsters - any comments ? Many thanks -Matt
Matt . Welcome to the Spyder web I will give you my opinion having owned one for18months and doing 7.5k miles 1 The speed limit is 70 by the way[;)] you do get a wind noise around this speed but it is not too intrusive ..just crank up the radio a notch. 2 Bucket seat are not as comfy as Sports but most seem to like the buckets ,mines are buckets and on a long journey you come out a bit stiff can give you details of a good chiropractor [:D] 3 takes around 3.4 mins if one person so no real hassle to be honest 4 Mine is always garaged ,but are completely waterproof have been out in thunderstorms and nota drop in the cabin 5 All down to mileage and condition cheapest around £35k dearest £ 46 k it has a lot to do with who is selling dealer or private sale . Prices are on the up expect to pay around £41/45 for a nice spec 6 Unlike most rag tops Spyder prices are 2nd 3rd cars so not subject to daily drives which helps keep prices up . Best go and drive one and make up your own mind if it is suitable as a daily drive 2 owners on here used there's as daily drives but for different reasons moved on and sold them to people who frequent this site .Be warned they can become addictive once driven . Brian

ORIGINAL: C2MTH Hi all, I haven't posted on here before as I currently own a 2004 911 (C2S). However, I saw a Spyder recently and just love the look - even Mrs H said she loved it - so am thinking about getting one. Definitely not an investment decision, but of course always great if you can own a car and its value doesn't decrease, or only very little. It will not be used during the week, so weekends and holidays etc. I have a couple of questions, could you experienced owners answer please... 1) At 80mph how noisy is the "roof", compared to the usual tyre noise you do get in a sports car ? Does it flap around at all ? 2) I think aside from fore and aft adjustment the carbon buckets are non adjustable , for lean angle etc. If correct, are they comfortable for a 3 hour run down to the coast for example ? 3) Once you are conversant with the process, how long does it take to get the roof on, say if it starts to rain and you need to pull over and get it on asap ? 4) Does anyone keep theirs outdoors, as I don't have a garage, but do use a car cover - is that OK ? does any damp get in ? 5) A divisive question I know, and subject to spec/mileage etc etc but hey ho....I see that secondhand prices were gradually coming down but then turned and started heading north again - can anyone advise approximately where were they selling at their lowest point - private and retail - and where the same car is today, just so I can understand how much they have gone up in the last year or so.. 6) Being a rag top, I assume prices will ease off in winter as they always do with Boxsters - any comments ? Many thanks -Matt
Everyone has their own view on most of these questions, these answers are just how I find the Spyder. I am sure the other guys here will also let you know what they think. 1. The roof is much noisier than a standard Boxster which I also have. I have only rarely had to put the roof up, I suspect most on here are the same, this is a car for driving open. 2. I like the Buckets and find them comfortable for any length of drive. However I am quite tall and I often wondered how someone short would like the low positioning. 3. The roof can go up in little over a minute, however i use it so little I tend to take my time as you could mark the bodywork hurrying. 4. I think almost everyone here keeps their car indoors. However I have heard many say they find the roof completely waterproof, even at speed. 5. Prices seem to be still creeping up, at a guess at least 5/6K above what they were this time last year. There is a demand for very low mileage cars which mostly still seem very good value for the rare and attractive car they are. I also think a 40k miles car could still be bought at good value as the focus is still on low milers. History tells us a car this rare may well attract interest, what ever the mileage, in the long term. 6. The interest in the Spyder is such that time of year seems to make little difference. I think there may well be less than 200 of these cars left in the UK. In my view one of the biggest points in favour of the Spyder is despite lowering and tightening the suspension it remains a pleasure to drive on the road with sublime road holding.

Hi Matt, welcome. Your questions have been well answered already but I suppose the more the merrier! 1) At 80mph how noisy is the "roof", compared to the usual tyre noise you do get in a sports car ? Does it flap around at all ? There is no denying that the car is noisy with the roof on at 80mph. It's not deafening, but equally it's not as refined as a "proper" drop top. If it's a weekend car, however, that shouldn't really matter. 2) I think aside from fore and aft adjustment the carbon buckets are non adjustable , for lean angle etc. If correct, are they comfortable for a 3 hour run down to the coast for example ? Correct, they are fairly comfortable but it will depend on your size and shape. I'm fairly tall and find that I need a stretch every couple of hours. I do like the buckets though and for me they are key to the attraction of the car (other opinions will vary). 3) Once you are conversant with the process, how long does it take to get the roof on, say if it starts to rain and you need to pull over and get it on asap ? 20 seconds with two of you. Get the missus well practiced though! 4) Does anyone keep theirs outdoors, as I don't have a garage, but do use a car cover - is that OK ? does any damp get in ? No leaks from the roof at all, but if you're only going to be using the car irregularly you will want a trickle charger fitted. 5) A divisive question I know, and subject to spec/mileage etc etc but hey ho....I see that secondhand prices were gradually coming down but then turned and started heading north again - can anyone advise approximately where were they selling at their lowest point - private and retail - and where the same car is today, just so I can understand how much they have gone up in the last year or so.. I'd say that they're likely to stay reasonably settled for a while - the best value cars on the market were back in 2012 where I think a 3k car sold for £33k or so (private) and £35k OPC retail for a 5k car. Most expensive has been around £46k at about 5k miles this year (one black car from OPC, one white car privately, both PDK as it happens). 6) Being a rag top, I assume prices will ease off in winter as they always do with Boxsters - any comments ? The Spyder is rare enough for the winter not to make much, if any, difference to prices. If you like Basalt Black there's an excellent car in that colour presently for sale for a very reasonable price on Pistonheads.....(yes, it's mine) http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/boxster-987-05-12/porsche-boxster-spyder-pdk-opc-warranty--61-plate-spyder-wheels-carbon-bucket-seats-sat-nav-paddles-blutetooth/2794390 What I would say finally is this: when I was looking for a Boxster S I struggled to find a nice car with a nice spec and a solid history. I thought Spyders couldn't possibly be worth the extra. I was very wrong - they are better than the sum of their parts, they look great, they are rare and have a "special" something. And the good residuals mean that, overall, the costs have been comparable to a "vanilla" Boxster S but the experience has been much better.

ORIGINAL: C2MTH Hi all, I haven't posted on here before as I currently own a 2004 911 (C2S). However, I saw a Spyder recently and just love the look - even Mrs H said she loved it - so am thinking about getting one. Definitely not an investment decision, but of course always great if you can own a car and its value doesn't decrease, or only very little. It will not be used during the week, so weekends and holidays etc. I have a couple of questions, could you experienced owners answer please... -Matt
Hi Matt the Spydermen have answered a lot of your questions but what spec are you looking for ie mileage/gears/chairs/colour preference(s)/must have extras. Fortunately there are enough around with either pdk or stick shift for you to have a good long demo in to either help you decide or confuse you completely [8D] Good luck with the hunt and keep us posted on how it pans out
13917551736_d62e89edd5_b.jpg

Posts made and opinions expressed are those of the individual forum members

Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Conditions

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Club, who shall have no liability in respect of them or the accuracy of the content. The Club assumes no responsibility for any effects arising from errors or omissions.

Porsche Club Great Britain gives no warranties, guarantees or assurances and makes no representations or recommendations regarding any goods or services advertised on this site. It is the responsibility of visitors to satisfy themselves that goods and/or services supplied by any advertiser are bona fide and in no instance can the Porsche Club Great Britain be held responsible.

When responding to advertisements please ensure that you satisfy yourself of any applicable call charges on numbers not prefixed by usual "landline" STD Codes. Information can be obtained from the operator or the white pages. Before giving out ANY information regarding cars, or any other items for sale, please satisfy yourself that any potential purchaser is bona fide.

Directors of the Board of Porsche Club GB, Club Office Staff, Register Secretaries and Regional Organisers are often requested by Club members to provide information on matters connected with their cars and other matters referred to in the Club Rules. Such information, advice and assistance provided by such persons is given in good faith and is based on the personal experience and knowledge of the individual concerned.

Neither Porsche Club GB, nor any of the aforementioned, shall be under any liability in respect of any such information, advice or assistance given to members. Members are advised to consult qualified specialists for information, advice and assistance on matters connected with their cars at all times.

Back